Caring for your loved one just got easier.
As a licensed Occupational Therapist, Aging Life Care Manager®, and Senior Home Safety Specialist, I guide families who want to “Age in Place” or remain in their home safely through the aging process. Specializing in crisis management, I help families bring their loved ones home following a detrimental health event. Using comprehensive home safety assessments, recommending equipment specific to your health needs, and providing thorough caregiver training… it’s never too late OR too early to get started. Call for a free consultation about the needs of yourself or a loved one and I’ll do the rest.
“Above and beyond! Melissa truly is a passionate & caring advocate for her clients and she showed that from the beginning! We felt so supported through the process of caring for our aged loved one. Thank you isn’t enough!” -Melissa H. Tualatin, OR
“I love working with Melissa at Passionate Healthcare Advocacy & Wellness! She truly is passionate about what she does and is always available and supportive. I highly recommend!” -Jason G. Tigard, OR
“Kind, caring, patient, understanding, helpful, and every other positive adjective I can think of! An incredible individual and company.” -Shauna D. Lake Oswego, OR
I am passionate about your healthcare.
My name is Melissa Swiontek and I have 20 years of experience as an Occupational Therapist. I am also an Aging Life Care Manager® and Senior Home Safety Specialist.
As a healthcare advocate for you/your loved one, I can:
- Prepare your home and train caregivers in times of crisis
- Develop an individualized wellness care plan and fall prevention plan
- Guide you or your family through the crucial paperwork/organization for the future
- Assist with safely aging in place- identifying needs and finding resources to make your daily life easier
- Train family members in their new role as caregiver
- Provide comprehensive home safety assessment, thorough modification recommendations, and personal referrals to get the job done
- Provide appropriate durable medical equipment recommendations and training
- Help navigate the healthcare system to receive quality care
- Attend medical appointments with you/your loved one
- Assist with medication management
- Thorough communication with approved family members
Home Safety Assessment
Comprehensive home safety assessement
Custom fall prevention recommendations
Medical equipment and home modification recommendations
Medical alert systems- Electronic Caregiver & StackCare
Individual consults and home care agency consults for transfer training/fall prevention
Fall prevention clinics for senior living communities
Aging Life Care Management ®
Identify client’s specific medical, emotional, and financial needs
Refer in appropriate services and monitor effectiveness
Monitor client’s evolving health and safety needs
Help children of seniors prepare for “what’s next” in the aging process
Facilitate family discussion on client’s desires for the future
Guide seniors/ caregivers through organizing essential paperwork