Meet your Aging Life Care Managers®
Hello, my name is Melissa Swiontek. I am the founder of Passionate Healthcare Advocacy & Wellness, LLC. I have 20 years of experience as an Occupational Therapist and 14 years of experience in home health, treating home bound clients.
More about Melissa:
- I’m originally from Central New York, and earned my degree from University of Pittsburgh.
- My husband and I have two boys, and a puppy named after our favorite river- Rogue.
- I am a proud supporter of the Alzheimer’s Association and a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP).
Hello, my name is Jessica Patton. I have 14 years of experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant and 4 years of experience in home health, treating clients within their own homes.
More about Jessica:
- I am originally from Ohio and earned my degree from North Central State College in Mansfield, Ohio. I have lived in the Portland area for the last 7 years.
- My husband and I have two sons and a dog named Rosie.
We will help you identify your safety risk and make a care plan.
We meet families when they are making hard, critical decisions and are looking for direction and support. There’s simply too much to do alone and it is perfectly normal to feel worn out, feel as if life is on hold, and looking for help.
As licensed therapists, we bring an understanding of home safety, equipment and modification recommendations for fall prevention. Our goal is to promote independence while maintaining safety.
Melissa is also a Certified Dementia Practitioner®. We help families to understand cognitive decline and compensation strategies. Together, we can develop a custom wellness program for a safe, healthy lifestyle.
- Create a Custom Wellness Plan: promoting occupational therapy and physical therapy principles which develop, recover, improve, and maintain skills for daily living.
- Navigate the complex Healthcare System: assistance with organizing medical records (including medication lists), healthcare history, POLST, transportation assistance/set up for medical appointments, healthcare advocacy (attending appointments), and advanced directives.
- Medication Management Assistance: education, organization, and helpful tools for accuracy in taking prescribed medications.
- Medical equipment and home modification recommendations.
- Fall prevention assessment/training & floor recovery training.
- Local network of professionals for home health, home care, contractors, estate planning, and senior housing referrals.
- Assistance in engagement in meaningful and recreational activities.
- Counseling and socialization.
- Fair and flexible pricing: up-front cost discussion/analysis (no hidden fees or predatory sales tactics), regular adjustments to care plan.
- Call (503) 201-9711 for a FREE consultation. We will be transparent, honest, and direct with advice and have a great referral network if you need a different type of service.
- Schedule an in-home assessment to discuss physical, mental, emotional, and environmental aspects of health to develop a comprehensive care plan based on your individual needs.
- Regularly scheduled in-home care appointments to reach and maintain your healthcare goals.
- Affordable pricing.